What’s in a Refractory-lined Expansion Joint?
U.S. Bellows created a model cut-out section of a refractory-lined FCCU expansion joint for flue gas or catalysts service. U.S. Bellows can bring this model to your facility for a lunch and learn: contact our team for assistance.
- Pressure Gauge – to monitor the pressure between the plies
- Inconel 625 LCF Two-ply Testable Bellows with Wire Mesh between the Plies – the wire mesh ensures flow from one side to the other side across the convolutions
- Carbon Steel Cover – pressure sealing in the even of bellows leak
- Control Rods – limits thermal movement
- 304 Stainless Steel Test Port / Valve – connection for air test of bellows
- Fire Blanket / Kaowool – keeps the bellows temperature above the dew point temperature of the flue gas (350°F to 450°F)
- Carbon Steel Lifting Lug – facilitates lifting
- Carbon Steel Shell
- 5″ Thick Vibra Cast Refractory – reduces shell temperature to 350°F
- 3/8″ Thick 304 Stainless Steel Liner with 3/4″ Thick Abrasion Resistant Refractory
- Ceramic Fiber Bellows Packing – reduces bellows temperature to under 1000°F
- 309 Stainless Steel Hose Braid Packed with Ceramic Fiber – seals the liner gap to prevent the catalyst from collecting in the bellows
- 304 H Stainless Steel – insulation box
- 304 H Stainless Steel Refractory V Anchors – secures refractory to pipe