Guide to Selecting an Elastomeric Belt Material
1. Compare the maximum continuous operating temperature of the application against the fabric temperature rating.
2. If the application has high fly ash or dust loading, select a material with high tensile strength.
3. If the application is near a fan or where flow turbulence is expected, select a material with high flutter resistance.
4. Elastomers vary in their chemical resistance. The selected Elastomer should be checked to insure that it is compatible with the particular media it will encounter.
|Material Name||Elastomer||Temp. (F)||Service||Tensile Strength||Flutter Resistance|
* Not suitable for sustained service where oils, hydrocarbons or concentrated minerals acids are present.