U.S. Bellows custom designed 14″ dia. and 84″ dia. single expansion joints for a pipe line in an utility plant in Colorado. The bellows are 304 stainless steel and carbon steel was used for the flanges and tie rods. The assemblies were designed for a spring rate of 2,530 lb/in., 1″ axial movement at 300°F and 37 psig. The assemblies were dye penetrant examined and air tested with a delivery of 12 weeks.
Our field service team is available 24/7 during your plant turnaround!
- Our team can assist with plant walk-downs to assess your plant for maintenance, repair or replacement of expansion joints and pipe supports
- Our engineers are available day or night for guidance on placement, materials, finishes, etc.
- Our field service team will guide you through installation, start-up, and replacement
- We stock over 1500 bellows, over 100,000 lb. of insulation materials, over 30,000 spring coils, and over 1 million pounds of standard items
- Afterwards, receive training to monitor, identify potential failure, learn correct size and selection of expansion joints and pipe supports per application
- We can develop a data book of existing pipe supports and expansion joints and their conditions in order to identify potential maintenance issues in upcoming turnarounds.
View Some of Our Emergency Projects
This expansion joint received in the morning and shipped to the customer the very same day.
Same day delivery enabled the customer to resume operations with minimum loss of time and production.
Quick Turnaround of Refurbished Expansion Joint
A service call came in when a leak was discovered resulting from a crack in the bellows of a pressure balanced elbow expansion joint. New bellows were fabricated, carbon steel root rings and cover bolts were replaced, and the unit was back in service in high pressure turbine crossover piping within a few weeks.
Need to talk with one of our field service technicians? call us at (281) 241-9418 Or fill out the emrgency request form
U.S. Bellows designed a 102″ dia. single hinged expansion joint and duct work assembly, along with two 92″ single expansion joints for a coal gasification facility in Mississippi. Both the assembly and expansion joints were fabricated from carbon steel with 304 stainless steel bellows, and designed for 3.6° angular movement at 825°F and 3 psig. The expansion joints were dye penetrant examined, 100% x-rayed and soap and air tested prior to shipment.