Our field service team is available 24/7 during your plant turnaround!
- Our team can assist with plant walk-downs to assess your plant for maintenance, repair or replacement of expansion joints and pipe supports
- Our engineers are available day or night for guidance on placement, materials, finishes, etc.
- Our field service team will guide you through installation, start-up, and replacement
- We stock over 1500 bellows, over 100,000 lb. of insulation materials, over 30,000 spring coils, and over 1 million pounds of standard items
- Afterwards, receive training to monitor, identify potential failure, learn correct size and selection of expansion joints and pipe supports per application
- We can develop a data book of existing pipe supports and expansion joints and their conditions in order to identify potential maintenance issues in upcoming turnarounds.
View Some of Our Emergency Projects
Refurbishment of 4″ Dia. Expansion Joint in One Day
This expansion joint received in the morning and shipped to the customer the very same day.
Same Day Turnaround During Emergency Shutdown
Same day delivery enabled the customer to resume operations with minimum loss of time and production.
Quick Turnaround of Refurbished Expansion Joint
A service call came in when a leak was discovered resulting from a crack in the bellows of a pressure balanced elbow expansion joint. New bellows were fabricated, carbon steel root rings and cover bolts were replaced, and the unit was back in service in high pressure turbine crossover piping within a few weeks.
Need to talk with one of our field service technicians? call us at (281) 241-9418 Or fill out the emrgency request form
A Houston-based expansion joint manufacturer, U.S. Bellows, Inc. has acquired all bellows assets of the former Lortz Manufacturing company. This acquisition includes the fabrication equipment, expansion joint and bellows drawings, design software, customer lists, and all engineering history and other historical data associated with Lortz Manufacturing.
The expansion joint equipment was transferred from Bakersfield, California to the U.S. Bellows facility in Houston, Texas. The additional machines will be incorporated into the current U.S. Bellows location, and therefore significantly expand U.S. Bellows’ ability to provide high quality expansion joints more quickly and efficiently to customers around the world.
U.S. Bellows will be hiring and relocating some of the former Lortz welders and other employees to their manufacturing headquarters in Houston. Besides expansion joints and bellows, the company also offers field services and quick-turn service for emergency situations. U.S. Bellows has over 50 years of experience and is prepared to provide expansion joint repair, refurbishment or replacement for past Lortz-supplied expansion joints.
U.S. Bellows, a member of the Expansion Joint Manufacturers Association (EJMA), supplies an assortment of metallic and fabric expansion joints for a wide variety of applications.