A tied universal expansion joint was custom designed for service in an acid regeneration plant in Louisiana. It is 48″ in diameter, 141″ in overall length and designed for 1″ axial movement, 2-1/2″ lateral movement and .33° angular rotation. The expansion joint is fabricated with 310 stainless steel bellows, and 301 SS liner, duct, flanges, transition duct and covers. It was designed for 10 psig at 1150°F, and was dye penetrant examined, hydro-tested at 15 psig, and the bellows and pipe longitudinal weld seams were 100% x-rayed.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth
• May 13, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now