U.S. Bellows, Inc. and PT&P combined to furnish a fabric expansion joint, duct work, a spring support cradle and snubbers. US Bellows furnished a fabric expansion joint with acid resisting fabric and also a duct work measuring 34″ long and 60″ in diameter which was fabricated from ASTM A 516GR 70 carbon steel. PT&P furnished spring supports, carbon steel cradle supports, and snubbers. The expansion joint was completed within 6 weeks in time for a plant shutdown. A computerized pipe stress analysis, utilizing the Caesar II stress program, was performed to obtain the forces and moments imposed on the equipment nozzles and weights to be carried by the spring supports.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth
• May 13, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now