U.S. Bellows, Inc. custom-designed universal expansion joints for one of the oldest scientific innovators in the engineering industry. Large diameter steam pipelines are a part of almost every plant and are associated with innovations in areas like nanotechnology, fuel cells, biomaterials from renewable resources, materials for personal protections (which have been especially important in the time of COVID), emerging video display technologies, and semiconductors. These plants manufacture polymers such as neoprene, nylon, chlorofluorocarbons, synthetic pigments. In this case, the universal expansion joint bellows and liner are fabricated from A240 Gr. 321, the pipe, tie rods, and flanges are fabricated from A240 Gr. 304 stainless steel. They are designed for low pressure (8 PSI) and range from 36” pipe x 60” long up to 78” pipe x 117” long. Per our QC requirements and/or client specifications, the expansion joints were dye-penetrate examined and soap, air bubble tested prior to shipment.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth
• May 13, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now