These single reinforced expansion joints with equalizing rings are used in heat exchangers. The bellows are fabricated from ASTM B 443 Inconel 625 LCF. The weld ends and the reinforcing rings/root rings are carbon steel. The expansion joints are 52” and 57” diameter with an overall length of 15 ½” and 16 ½”. They are capable of moving 0.6” in extension at 158 PSIG at 300°F. The expansion joints were fabricated to ASME Section VIII. The bellows and pipe longitudinal weld seams were 100% X-Rayed. In addition, the expansion joints were 100% dye-penetrate examined and hydro tested to 205 PSIG for quality and performance assurance.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Fabric Expansion Joints Webinar
• March 18, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CST
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now