These clamshell pipe spools were fabricated by U.S. Bellows for a section of the duct for a gas turbine installation. The units were constructed from ASTM A.240 type 321 stainless steel. The flanges had a 32 RMS machined faces for bolting up the flanges without gaskets. The spools were designed to be removed in four sections so that the spool could be removed and the turbine pulled back for maintenance. They are 85.5″ in diameter and 21.5″ in overall length. The units were designed for an operating temperature ranging from -40°F to 950°F.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Fabric Expansion Joints Webinar
• March 18, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CST
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now