In October 1999, U.S. Bellow, Inc., the expansion joint subsidiary of Piping Technology & Products, Inc., fabricated three expansion joints for an E&C company in Singapore. The expansion joints manufactured included one 36″ single hinged expansion joint, one 36″ double hinged expansion joint and one 36″ double gimbal expansion joint. These expansion joints will be used at a compressor in Singapore. Due to the critical applications of these expansion joints, they were tested per ASME Sect. VIII Div. 1 Appendix 26. The bellows together with the hinge assembly were hydro-tested. Additionally, a dry nitrogen test between the two plies was conducted to ensure that each of the two plies would withstand the design pressure. Gimbal expansion joints allow for restrained angular movement of attached piping in two planes. Expansion joints, in general, allow for axial, lateral, angular and torsional movement in piping systems.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Fabric Expansion Joints Webinar
• March 18, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CST
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now