This elbow pressure balanced expansion joint was designed for a chemical processing plant to aid the nitrogen oxide process for compound fertilizers. It is 18″ diameter with a face of weld-end to centerline of elbow length of 83- 3/8″. The body of the assembly, the pipe, covers and tie-rods were fabricated from 304L stainless steel, the bellows and liners from 321 stainless. This unit was designed for 1/2″ compression and 4-1/8″ lateral movement with an operating temperature of 600°F at 125 psig. The assembly was dye penetrant tested and hydro-tested at 190 psig prior to shipment.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth
• May 13, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now