US Bellows custom-designed this single externally pressurized expansion joint for an oil refinery in Saudi Arabia. The bellows are fabricated completely from 316 stainless steel. The expansion joint is 32″ in diameter and 61-1/4″ in length. It is designed for 8″ axial movement and 150 psig at 176°F, with a spring rate of 1096 lb./in. The unit had the stainless steel alloy material PMI examined. It was also dyed penetrant examined and hydro tested prior to shipment.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth
• May 13, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now