U.S. Bellows, Inc. designed and fabricated two 78″ I.D. x 110″ O.D. and two 36″ I.D. x 68″ O.D. thick wall flanged and flued head expansion joints. All four expansion joints were fabricated from 1/4″ thick ASTM A516 grade 70 carbon steel plate. The expansion joints were cold-formed and heat-treated to customer requirements. The external surface of the expansion joint was painted with one coat of shop primer. The weld ends of the expansion joint are beveled, and drainage plugs are installed in the crest of the bellows. The bellows long weld seams were 100% dye-penetrant and 100% x-ray tested. U.S. Bellows provides 100% customer satisfaction in terms of quality and delivery.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth
• May 13, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now