U.S. Bellows custom designed an inline pressure balanced expansion joint for an ammonia and urea plant in Bolivia. The bellows and liners are fabricated from 304 stainless steel and the assembly from carbon steel. The unit is 46″ diameter and 71-3/8″ in overall length. The expansion joint was designed for 0.8″ axial movement with an operating temperature of 392°F at 114 psig. A 100% dye penetrant test, x-ray, and hydro-test were performed prior to shipment.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth
• May 13, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now