U.S. Bellows, Inc. fabricated two metallic expansion joints on an expedited schedule. The expansion joints were fabricated from COR-TEN ASTM 588 carbon steel and are designed for 1.2 PSI at temperatures up to 748°F. The expansion joints were designed for an axial compression of 1.5″ and a lateral resultant movement of 1.84″. The entire expansion joint was shipped to the job site in one piece. This avoided having to splice weld the expansion joint into one piece, which saved the customer countless assembly man hours in the field.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth
• May 13, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now