U.S. Bellows, Inc. refurbished a rectangular metal expansion joint on an emergency basis for a local chemical plant. Upon arrival, the expansion joint was acid washed and dye-penetrant examined for any cracks in the metal. The expansion joint bellows were then repaired, retested and sent back to the customer in a matter of two days. The expansion joint measures 21″ x 26″ x 36-3/8″. The bellows are fabricated from Inconel® 625 LCF material. The rest of the assembly is fabricated from Inconel® 600 material. The design temperature is 660°F and the design pressure is 20 PSIG. The expansion joint was soap-air bubble tested and dye-penetrant examined before being returned.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth
• May 13, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now