U.S. Bellows, Inc. recently fabricated four rectangular primary flexible seal joints for sliding flanged connections. Designed at 2 PSIG for 1350°F, the seal joints provide for one inch of axial movement to prevent damage to flange connections. EJMA Standards and B31.3 code were used in the design and fabrication of these joints. The purpose of the rectangular seal expansion joint is to prevent leakage to the outside of the Burney Windbox. The corners are double mitered to reduce stress. Inconel® 625LCF material was used in fabricating the bellows while A240 tp 310 material was used for the frame. An air test at 5 PSIG was implemented as well as dye-penetrant test to ensure product quality.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Fabric Expansion Joints Webinar
• March 18, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CST
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now