This single expansion joint assembly was fabricated with a single-ply 304 stainless steel bellows, and carbon steel pipe, miter bends, and limit rods. It measured 12′-2″ from the center to center of the elbows. These bellows were designed with a low spring rate to meet the allowable forces and movements on the compressor inlet nozzle. All welds were air tested and spot x-rayed to assure quality and performance. This unit was completed in 3 weeks to meet the customer’s construction schedule.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth Webinar
• January 14, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CST
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now