U.S. Bellows, Inc. received this single expansion joint in the morning, refurbished it, and shipped it to the customer the very same day. The expansion joint bellows, liner, and cover were replaced. The carbon steel parts were sand blasted, cleaned and painted. The expansion joint was 4″ I.D. x 16 3/4″ face-to-face. The design conditions of the expansion joint were 345 PSI at 500°F. The expansion joint was 100% dye-penetrant examined and hydro-tested to 518 PSIG prior to being shipped back to a local area refinery.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth
• May 13, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now