The photographs above show a special slip type expansion joint designed by the Sweco Fab Division of Piping Technology & Products, Inc. for installation in the hydrocarbon flaring system of a combination of design features and material specifications. At the top right of the picture is the inner barrel which is uniquely plated to be corrosion resistant. At the bottom right of the picture is the aluminum bronze bearing sleeve which provides strength and guidance for the inner barrel. At the left is the assembled unit shows the outer barrel which contains the six packing seals, the follower and the retaining ring. This joint is to be installed in a horizontal position in the mid span of 40 feet between guided supports. The design conditions are 12” of movements, 650oF, and 50 PSI of internal pressure.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth
• May 13, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now