U.S. Bellows, Inc., recently designed and manufactured a 71″ x 84 universal expansion joint for a chemical manufacturing facility in Texas. The 3,000 lb. expansion joint was fabricated in just two weeks and replaced an existing expansion joint. This product was designed for 40 water column vacuum at 750ºF. The bellows and internal sleeves were constructed from Hastelloy C-276 and all other components were fabricated using carbon steel. The joints were 100% x-rayed and 100% dye-penetrant tested. An air test was performed at 3 PSIG for the entire expansion joint assembly prior to shipping.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth
• May 13, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now