These pictures display one of many tied universal expansion joints in a large order of expansion joints designed by U.S. Bellows, Inc. for a local engineering and construction company. These expansion joints weigh 1,600 lb. each and are 10″ in diameter. They are designed for 611 PSIG and temperatures up to 180°F. These expansion joints are fabricated from 321 carbon steel pipe, tie rods and 300 lb. RF weld neck flanges. The bellows longitudinal seams were 100% x-rayed and the complete assembly was hydro-tested to 917 PSIG to ensure a quality product and performance. The units were shipped with the mating flanges bolted to the end of the assembly.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth
• May 13, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now