This tied universal expansion joint will be installed in an oil refinery in Louisiana. The assembly is 48″ in diameter and 150″ long. The bellows are fabricated from two plies of Inconel 625 LCF with stainless steel mesh between the plies and the weld ends and all hardware are A 516 GR 70 carbon steel. The design temperature is 500°F at 38 PSIG with 5″ lateral movement. The bellows were 100% x-rayed and hydro-tested to 76 PSIG. A pneumatic test between the plies at 15 PSIG was performed prior to shipping.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth
• May 13, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now