The toroidal shape gives the bellow the unique ability to carry high pressures; conversely, it also permits modest deflection ability. The expansion joint was designed for 400 PSIG at 500° F and an extension stroke of 5/16″ and the bellow’s element was fabricated from .060″ Inconel® 600 with A-516 gr 70 weld ends. The 92-inch toroidal expansion joint was also designed per ASME Sec. VIII rules as well as the Expansion Joint Manufacturer EJMA Standards. Upon fabrication completion, a hydro test was conducted at 600 PSIG to detect leaks.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth
• May 13, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now