The photograph above shows a 72-inch universal pressure balanced expansion joint designed for a chemical plant in Pasadena, Texas. The expansion joint is designed for 30 psig at 200°F and full vacuum. All materials in the “wetted surface” are TP-316/316L stainless steel. Design movements are 3-inch axial compression and 5 ¾ -inch lateral offset. The assembly is approximately 24-feet long and 14,150 lbs.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth
• May 13, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now