PROPERLY INSTALLED EXPANSION JOINT
PRE-START UP INSPECTION
- Verify all nuts and bolts are tightened correctly
- Check for surface damage on the fabric belt
- Remove all debris from expansion joint — i.e. loose nuts & bolts, loose shims, tools, etc.
- Remove any obstructions near the expansion joint which may prevent proper air flow and cause over-heating
- Verify shipping bars have been removed.
PROPERLY INSTALLED EXTERNAL INSULATION
Do not insulate over the fabric expansion joint unless specified by the U.S. Bellows drawing (see below for acceptable duct insulation design) In general, the external insulation should allow access to the belt for inspection and replacement. In high temperature applications, insulation should be designed to allow thermal convection in the area of the belt attachment. In applications where the temperature is near the due point of the gas, the design should minimize cold spots which could lead to corrosion.