U.S. Bellows custom designed this universal expansion joint for a steam line extraction application at a power plant in Chile. The unit is 8″ in diameter with an overall length of 82″. The bellows were fabricated from 321 stainless steel with the weld ends and tie rods from carbon steel. The expansion joint is designed for an operating pressure of 145 psig at 678°F with 1.25″ of lateral deflection. All welds were 100% dye-penetrant examined and hydrotested prior to shipment.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth
• May 13, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now