U.S. Bellows, Inc. fabricated this 28″ dia., 109″ long universal expansion joint with 1″ thick AA-22 abrasion resistant refractory lining and pantographic linkage for a FCC unit in an oil refinery. The entire assembly is fabricated from 304H stainless steel with carbon steel pantographs. This expansion joint has two-ply testable bellows with wire mesh strip between the plies. It is designed for an axial movement of 5″, a lateral movement of 5-1/2″ at 1425°F and 45 psig. This unit was 100% dye penetrant tested, all pressure retaining welds were 100% radiographed and the unit was pneumatic tested prior to shipping to Oklahoma.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth
• May 13, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now