These tied universal expansion joints were custom designed by U.S. Bellows for a pipeline in Connecticut. All components of the expansion joints were fabricated from 316 stainless steel. The job was comprised of units that were 12″ or 16″ in diameter and 60″ in OAL. They are designed for an operating pressure of 10-125 psig at 450°F and a lateral movement of +/- 1″. All of the expansion joints were 100% dye-penetrant tested and hydro-tested at 150 and 175 psig prior to shipment.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth
• May 13, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now