Various sizes of thick wall flanged and flued head expansion joints were custom designed for heat exchangers in California. Two are 30″ in diameter and two are 18″ in diameter. They were designed for 1″ axial extension and 14 psig at 300°F. All four expansion joints were fabricated from ASTM A-516 Gr. 70 carbon steel material. A dye penetrant exam was conducted prior to shipping.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth Webinar
• January 14, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CST
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now