This 60″ dia. x 20″ OAL elbow pressure balanced expansion joint was refurbished by U.S. Bellows in 3 weeks for a power generation plant in Wisconsin. The bellows are fabricated from Inconel 625 and the duct, elbow, cover and liner of carbon steel. The expansion joint was designed for 1″ axial movement at 715°F and 185 psig. The bellows longitudinal seams were 100% x-rayed prior to forming. After replacing the bellows, the expansion joint was dye penetrant tested and hydro tested at 185 psig.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth Webinar
• January 14, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CST
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now