U.S. Bellows, Inc. received this 26″ diameter pressure balanced elbow expansion joint for a complete refurbishment. The original condition of the expansion joint can be seen in the top image while the bottom image shows the expansion joint after being refurbished in just under 3 weeks. New SA-240 type 321 stainless steel bellows were used to replace the original bellows, and the tie rods and flow liners were also replaced. All carbon steel parts were painted with a universal primer. This expansion joint measures over 17 feet long center to center of elbows, and is currently being used in an effluent header at Cedar Bayou plant.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth
• May 13, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now