U.S. Bellows, Inc. custom-designed a pressure balanced tee universal expansion joint for a boiler feed pump turbine exhaust. The expansion joint is 96” diameter and 288” OAL and is designed for 2″ axial movement at 315°F and 15 psig. The bellows, liner, and turning vanes are 304 stainless steel. The remainder of the assembly is fabricated from carbon steel. The expansion joint was dye penetrant examined, and a chemical cleaning of the interior surfaces was performed to remove any oil and grease. U.S. Bellows also conducted a stress analysis and a pneumatic test at 23 psig.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth
• May 13, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now