U.S. Bellows, Inc. designed and fabricated this refractory lined universal expansion joint for an FFC Unit in India. This is a 70″, outside diameter, tied refractory-lined universal expansion joint with two-ply Inconel® 625 LCF bellows, A516 weld ends and spool, and a 4″ thick refractory lining per UOP specifications. This joint was designed at 51 PSIG and 1400 degrees F. Bellows long seam welds were 100% x-rayed and 100% dye-penetrant before and after forming. It was also pneumatic tested at 57 PSIG the refractory lining was dried out per UOP specifications.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Fabric Expansion Joints Webinar
• March 18, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CST
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now