U.S. Bellows custom designed and fabricated thick-wall flanged and flued head expansion joints for a sulfuric acid plant in Chicago, IL. The units will be used for a chemical furnace and converter project. The expansion joints vary in size from 36″ to 70″ in diameter. The units were fabricated from 304 stainless steel in 1022° F temperatures, with an operating pressure of 93° H2O water column. All welds were dye penetrant, and soap and air tested prior to shipment.
Live Expansion Joint Webinar
• U.S. Bellows – Expansion Joints In-depth Webinar
• January 14, 2021 – Thur. – 10 am CST
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Expansion Joint Application and Design
Our Expansion Joint course was developed for the following disciplines…
- Piping system designers that may decide to use expansion joints
- Expansion joint designers use the information provided by piping system designers to determine the best design to meet the requirements.
- Designers that use modern software systems to evaluate different options
- Engineers / Managers: field, maintenance, process, operations, construction, surveyors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. CreditsRegister Now